- To perform high-quality repair at a fair price.
- To give the customer a price estimate for work to be performed.
- To use only proven high-quality merchandise.
- To employ the best skilled technicians obtainable.
- To furnish an itemized invoice. Replaced parts may be inspected upon request.
- To have a sense of personal obligation to each individual customer.
- To recommend corrective and maintenance services, explaining to the customer which of these are required to correct existing problems and which are for preventative maintenance.
- To furnish or post copies of any warranties covering parts or services.
- To obtain prior authorization for all work done, in writing, or by other means satisfactory to the customer.
- To follow state regulations.
- To notify the customer if appointments or completion promises cannot be kept.
- To exercise reasonable care for the customer's property while in our possession.
- To maintain a system for fair settlement of customer's concerns
I went in for an oil change and left knowing our family had found the perfect service repair shop. High level quality of care towards the vehicle and the customer. This new customer is happy!Cindy C.
I had a new engine for my Ram 1500 installed here. Very good service and no problems at all. Good people here!Nathan M.
Matt and his team of professionals took care of my old truck again. He let me know other issues that needed addressed. I would definitely recommend their service to anyone!Dave M.